Welcome to another entry in my favorite series, The Monthly Income Report. In these reports my goal is to share with you, the reader, ways I’m earning money outside of my normal job. The task of earning side money on and offline can be quite elusive. I’m here to cut the crap and show you just what is working and what isn’t working. Not to mention my progress on my current and future goals. That way if you’re looking to add an income stream you’ll know where to start. Enjoy. If you have any suggestions, questions, or my opinion on your own hustle make sure to drop a comment below!
What Happened in April
Completed Goals for April
Update the “About Me” section of the blog. Written just need to post.
Set up a Virtual Assistant from Get Friday
- Create new lead magnet/funnel – Started putting it together waiting on other bloggers to make it perfect!
Add a new end of the month blog series Written just need to post
- Learn to cook 2 new meals – Nope
- Go rock climbing or ride bike 5x – Nope
- Order my passport – The birthday trip will have to be postponed until the new shop is up and running smoothly.
Relaunch Featured Fridays
- 150 VIP subs – +3 this month 72 Total
- 400 Facebook page likes – +3 this month 277 Total
- 500 website views – +18 over last month 176 Total
- $2000 total monthly income – $246 total… Not even going to calculate that difference…
Goals for May
- Write a blog “how-to”
- Drop a Digit review
- Collect all the supplies and gear to start the 4-hour chef
- Find a location to open up a new store
- Have 1 new shirt designed
- Update the Resource page
- 150 VIP subs
- 400 Facebook page likes
- 500 website views
- $2000 total monthly income
Goals for 2017
- Visit another country (Australia, Canada, Iceland, all on the radar)
- Learn to cook 1 new meal a month for 10 months
- Read 3 books a month
- Get a rock climbing gym membership and actually go by February ‘17
- Open up a franchise by April ‘17
- Launch a private label on Amazon by June ‘17
- Start taking Yoga by March ‘17
Pick up a Kangen water machine
- Save 10% of my monthly income to invest with
- Spend 3% of my yearly income on personal development
- Side income goals(consistently):
30 day- $500/month, 90 day- $1000/month, 180 day- $2500/month, 360 day- $5000/month
What is Working
- I’m still dope with a pen so that’s nice. I remember 2 years ago I didn’t think I could think up enough content to sustain a full year of blogging.
- New format for Featured Fridays is working out well. I was a little skeptical ditching my scripted questions but ultimately it’s allowed my “interviews” to flow more like a conversation.
- My new VA! Priteesh has lightened my workload quite a bit. He types up all my blog posts after I send him PDFs of my handwritten drafts. Now I just focus on editing and creating more content. I might let him do editing to in the future but for now that’s my opportunity for quality control.
What is Not Working
- FBA took a dump! Went from an all-time high to a crushing low in the span of 30 days. Many many many zero days…
- Working out. I know I need to especially with my new sedentary job but I just don’t want to.
- Learning to cook. More laziness at play here. I’m going to push my cooking goals back to June and start the 4-Hour Chef then. It teaches you two meals a week for 8 weeks so about a month will give me time to collect the necessary tools.
Income Sources (Job Not included)
Total Monthly Income- $ 245.85
#2017FlipChallenge – Goal: $20170
- Jan- $1515.84
- Feb- $2119.95
- Mar- $1487.48
- Apr- $491.69
$14558.04 left to go!
What Have I Learned
- Losing some structure allowed me to be more authentic in my interviews.
- The importance of Pinterest for a blog in 2017.
- FBA sales can go to shit in an instant.
- I love podcasting! Like seriously it was so much fun recording my last couple podcasts. I didn’t realize I missed it until I got back in the groove of things.
See you on next month’s Income Report!
Join the SID newsletter
Subscribe now to get our latest in exclusive contests and content straight to your inbox