Welcome to another entry in my favorite series, The Monthly Income Report. In these reports my goal is to share with you, the reader, ways I’m earning money outside of my normal job. The task of earning side money on and offline can be quite elusive. I’m here to cut the crap and show you just what is working and what isn’t working. Not to mention my progress on my current and future goals. That way if you’re looking to add an income stream you’ll know where to start. Enjoy. If you have any suggestions, questions, or my opinion on your own hustle make sure to drop a comment below!
What Happened in December
- December is typically the month I dedicate to giving through paying for others meals randomly and tipping my servers more than usual.
- Stopped eating so much fast food.
- Ran a few ad campaigns to spread the SID brand pulled in some likes to the FB page.
- Phone took a dump so I scooped up another really quick.
- Found a graphic designer to help me start pumping out my microcontent.
- Minor family emergency business-wise
Completed Goals for December
Write 2 new emails
Give at least one 50% tip
Give at least one 100% tip
Pay it forward 2x – (1/2 my usual go to is drive thru lines and well I didn’t actually went in many this month.)
Cut fast food to once per week
Create 3 pieces of micro content – (2/3 couldn’t figure out a 3rd piece to get worked on)
- Get 3 people to take pics and promote my shirts – (hit up Gary Vee but no luck guess I should start with non-celebrities)
Promote 2 blog posts
- Ride my bike 3x this month – (too damn cold for that haha)
- Lock down one interview from my extended network – (nothing set in stone yet but working on a few things)
- Update FBA training and consulting package – (didn’t get a chance to dig into it moving to next month)
- Publish one guest post in the blog – (no pitches lately)
- Get one guest post published on another blog – (going to put guest posting on the back burner for awhile)
No unnecessary spending on myself all month
- Continue growing the list to 150 subscribers – (The list keeps creeping slowly +6 subs gives me a total of 71/150)
- 250 FB likes – (Got a nice little bump of +23 for a total of 204/250 almost there!)
- 500 Website views – (280/500 not quite there but better than the last 2 months so I’ll take it)
- $2000 total monthly income – ($532/2000 again not close but it’s better than last month and might be the signal that last month’s low was the bottom and it’s time to go back up)
Goals for January
- Switch over to Convertkit from Mailchimp
- Get the podcast on Spotify
- Get a passport
- Come up with a new contest for my VIP list subscribers
- Ride my bike 3x this month
- Lock down one interview from my extended network
- Update FBA training and consulting package
- Continue growing the list to 150 subscribers
- 250 FB likes
- 500 Website views
- $2000 total monthly income
Goals for 2017
- Visit another country (Australia, Canada, Iceland, all on the radar)
- Learn to cook 1 new meal a month for 10 months
- Read 3 books a month
- Get a rock climbing gym membership and actually go by February ‘17
- Open up a franchise by April ‘17
- Launch a private label on Amazon by June ‘17
- Start taking Yoga by March ‘17
- Pick up a Kangen water machine
- Save 10% of my monthly income to invest with
- Spend 3% of my yearly income on personal development
- Side income goals(consistently): 30 day- $500/month, 90 day- $1000/month, 180 day- $2500/month, 360 day- $5000/month
What is Working
- FB ads as usual still tweaking the targeting aspect but still getting good results as is.
- My graphic designer pretty good guy, US based and fast I found Nick Yonce on Upwork check him out!
- Still getting major interest in my FBA skills despite not promoting at all this month.
What is Not Working
- Time management! Last month of working nights then everything will be back to normal.
- Guest blogging in general can’t seem to find any reliable guest nor website that I want to be a guest on.
- Mailchimp! It’s a great email service provider but complicated and a bit limited I’ve decided to give Convertkit a try, so I’ll be switching sometime this month.
- Still struggling with locking down guests maybe that’ll change now that the holidays have died down and kids are going back to school.
Income Sources (Job Not included)
Total Monthly Income- $532.49
What Have I Learned
- There are better options out there for email/landing page providers and I need to save money in one area so I can shift it into spending in another until both areas are essential.
- I’m not quite ready to podcast every week so I’ll switch to a 2 week cycle.
- There are other alternatives to fiverr when looking to hire freelancers.
See you on next month’s Income Report!
Join the SID newsletter
Subscribe now to get our latest in exclusive contests and content straight to your inbox