*The following may contain affiliate links*
Welcome to another entry in my favorite series, The Monthly Income Report. In these reports my goal is to share with you, the reader, ways I’m earning money outside of my normal job. The task of earning side money on and offline can be quite elusive. I’m here to cut the crap and show you just what is working and what isn’t working. Not to mention my progress on my current and future goals. That way if you’re looking to add an income stream you’ll know where to start. Enjoy. If you have any suggestions, questions, or my opinion on your own hustle make sure to drop a comment below!
What Happened in February
- February was an eventful month even if my goals don’t really back that up. For starters I got a new car! Yeah not really blog related but it’s a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth if you were wondering.
- I made my first significant investment of the year and took a course titled Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. Holy shit was it good, I’ll have a review coming soon but in the meantime you can check it out here.
- Happy to say I knocked out my first couple of recordings for the podcast. It’s been a couple months so I’m slowly regaining my cadence.
- Smashed our FBA sales, which makes 3 months in a row of consistent growth.
Completed Goals for February
- Get a rock climbing gym membership – Waited all month for a discount on Groupon but one never came!
- Apply for my passport – Ended up spending the money dedicated for the Passport on an Affiliate Marketing course.
- Ride my bike 3x for real this time – Sighhh… it rained a lot…
Get the podcast on iTunes – All the pieces have been put in place so I guess it’s a waiting game now.
Release the Rat-race Escape Plan (REP) email series – Started sending this morning!
Record 2 new interviews for Featured Fridays – Recorded 1 interview and also recorded a solo comeback episode.
- Relaunch Featured Fridays on a Biweekly schedule – Going to wait till I have built up a few episodes before the official relaunch.
- Release my ebook as part of the REP series – Pushed back one month but its in there.
- Continue growing the list to 150 subscribers – 72/150 gained 4 subscribers, small wins folks, small wins…
- 250 FB likes – 224/250 gained 18 likes last month and I’m all ready trending to do way better than that this month.
- 500 Website views – 187/500 last month was the slowest month of my blogging career 🙁
- $2000 total monthly income – $1060/2000 making progress a little more than halfway there.
Goals for March
- Add 5+ affiliate programs to my tool belt
- Review Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course
- Record 4 more interviews for Featured Fridays
- Pick up a Kangen water machine
- Learn to cook 1 new meal
- Go rock climbing or ride bike 5x
- Order my passport
- Relaunch Featured Fridays
- 150 VIP subs
- 400 Facebook page likes
- 500 website views
- $2000 total monthly income
Goals for 2017
- Visit another country (Australia, Canada, Iceland, all on the radar)
- Learn to cook 1 new meal a month for 10 months
- Read 3 books a month
- Get a rock climbing gym membership and actually go by February ‘17
- Open up a franchise by April ‘17
- Launch a private label on Amazon by June ‘17
- Start taking Yoga by March ‘17
- Pick up a Kangen water machine
- Save 10% of my monthly income to invest with
- Spend 3% of my yearly income on personal development
- Side income goals(consistently):
30 day- $500/month, 90 day- $1000/month, 180 day- $2500/month, 360 day- $5000/month
What is Working
- Stepped up our thrifting efforts! Been hitting thrift stores further away from home and more often.
- Paying myself FIRST I’ve got close to $1000 saved up in my investment account. I talk about how I do this in my most recent email series, get on the list here.
- ConvertKit is awesome! Makes my job easier and my email process more streamlined. I just wrote a full review about it here.
- My FBA crash course is still picking up a few people or more a month. Also have had a few people sending their success stories and getting excited about their first sales. I have something new in the works for those wanting to go PRO stay tuned!
What is Not Working
- So we dabbled in Online Arbitrage for FBA rather unsuccessfully we’ve got a lot of product listed that hasn’t moved in a while and we can’t lower the prices too much because profit margins were already small.
- Umm… Where did my pageviews go? Feb. had an unexpected dip in views I’m pretty sure that was due to me covering the topic of love most of the month. Guess my readers ain’t about that life? Haha!
- Up until recently I had no idea how bad I was at affiliate marketing going to be working toward correcting that issue over the next few months.
- My diet, yes I’ve been eating out A LOT and I’ve been eating a bit too much junk on a daily basis. Not looking forward to making any changes but something needs to be done.
- Something I don’t talk about much is engagement on Facebook I’ve been putting together a plan to increase engagement and I’ll begin rolling it out in about a week or so.
Income Sources (Job Not included)
Total Monthly Income- $ 1059.98
#2017FlipChallenge – Goal: $20170
- Jan- $1515.84
- Feb- $2119.95
$16534.21 left to go!
What Have I Learned
- The importance of good Affiliate Marketing practices offering products and services that are great for my readers is always a good idea so it’s my job to seek them out.
- That I don’t know much about Google Analytics and I need to figure it out quick!
- Good facebook page engagement can lead to more blog traffic.
- Speaking of engagement good email list engagement also leads to people wanting to make try out recommended products and services so I’m reaching out to 5 people each month to see how I can help them and get to know them better.
See you on next month’s Income Report!
Join the SID newsletter
Subscribe now to get our latest in exclusive contests and content straight to your inbox