Welcome to another entry in my favorite series, The Monthly Income Report. In these reports my goal is to share with you, the reader, ways I’m earning money outside of my normal job. The task of earning side money on and offline can be quite elusive. I’m here to cut the crap and show you just what is working and what isn’t working. Not to mention my progress on my current and future goals. That way if you’re looking to add an income stream you’ll know where to start. Enjoy. If you have any suggestions, questions, or my opinion on your own hustle make sure to drop a comment below!
What Happened in January
- I finally got that monkey off my back and ditched Mailchimp! ConvertKit is Bae.
- Started work on a new email series that is going to be FUEGO!
- Revamped my FBA series and consulting package
- Had a good month selling on Amazon I think that slump is behind us judging by how this next month is going already.
- I cracked open The 4 Hour Chef and read like 10 pgs or so and that was enough to make me believe I might actually learn how to cook this year haha.
Completed Goals for January
Switch over to Convertkit from Mailchimp – Took a little bit but I finalized the transition about a week ago and I couldn’t be happier!
Get the podcast on Spotify – Spotify doesn’t accept submissions for podcasts they do the curation themselves so its a waiting game for now.
- Get a passport – I printed the application, does that count? No? Alright…
Come up with a new contest for my VIP list subscribers – Recently sent the contest details out via email. If you’re not a subscriber you missed out on a $50 prize but you can join the list HERE before the next contest comes up.
- Ride my bike 3x this month – HA!
Lock down one interview from my extended network – Talked to a couple people nothing set in stone yet but got a few potential interviews in the works
Update FBA training and consulting package – DONE and DONE! Made some updates and raised my consulting fee to weed out tire kickers
- Continue growing the list to 150 subscribers – 68/150 lost some subscribers and gained a couple in the transition but no biggie I got this!
- 250 FB likes – 206/250 getting close, I think next month is the month!
- 500 Website views – 247/500 one day I’ll break through this wall I’m just missing something that will get me there
- $2000 total monthly income – $758/2000 which is better than last month at least
Goals for February
- Get a rock climbing gym membership
- Apply for my passport
- Ride my bike 3x for real this time
- Get the podcast on iTunes
- Release the Rat-race Escape Plan (REP) email series
- Record 2 new interviews for Featured Fridays
- Relaunch Featured Fridays on a Biweekly schedule
- Release my ebook as part of the REP series
- Continue growing the list to 150 subscribers
- 250 FB likes
- 500 Website views
- $2000 total monthly income
Goals for 2017
- Visit another country (Australia, Canada, Iceland, all on the radar)
- Learn to cook 1 new meal a month for 10 months
- Read 3 books a month
- Get a rock climbing gym membership and actually go by February ‘17
- Open up a franchise by April ‘17
- Launch a private label on Amazon by June ‘17
- Start taking Yoga by March ‘17
- Pick up a Kangen water machine
- Save 10% of my monthly income to invest with
- Spend 3% of my yearly income on personal development
- Side income goals(consistently):
30 day- $500/month, 90 day- $1000/month, 180 day- $2500/month, 360 day- $5000/month
- Complete the #2017FlipChallenge (make $20170 profit in 2017 Reselling)
What is Working
- ConvertKit!!! Guys you don’t understand how awesome my new email server is. But you will! I’ll have a full write up for it soon so look out for that.
- Finally fixed my cover art for Featured Fridays on Blurry (my podcast host). Now I meet almost all of the criteria to be considered for Spotify and iTunes
- After a nice little break I’ve been talking to a few people about getting on the podcast and I’ve already gotten a few commitments.
What is Not Working
- My taxes! Haha… no that’s not really related but I just did my taxes recently and damn I owe almost $750. Now that’s small compared to some of my friend who owe in the 10s of thousands but still damn!
- Obviously this weather and me on a bike just isn’t going to happen it’s been hella cold and it rained A LOT in California this month I’m gonna get my ass on that bike though… soon…
- So my web traffic is stalled and aside from guest posting or paid ads I can’t figure out how to boost my views. Every month I hover between 250-350 views. Some experimenting will be necessary I’m sure but organic views need to go up if this blog is ever going to turn into a business.
Income Sources (Job Not included)
Total Monthly Income- $757.92
#2017FlipChallenge: Goal – $20170
Profit left to go – $18654.16
What Have I Learned
- Pretty sure I’ve mentioned this before but working nights makes it hard to get shit done during the day, all I ever wanted to do was sleep. Now I’m back on days and smashing my work load.
- Nothing can motivate me to go ride my bike in shit weather haha.
- Spotify is actually really difficult to get onto without some help, iTunes is more simplistic so I’ll bit my tongue and give apple a shot.
- So passports are kinda expensive, who knew? Went to get my passport and it’s like $150 for a little book??? Anyway now that most birthdays are done for me for a while I have the money to blow invest in a passport.
See you on next month’s Income Report!
Join the SID newsletter
Subscribe now to get our latest in exclusive contests and content straight to your inbox