Welcome to another entry in my favorite series, The Monthly Income Report. In these reports my goal is to share with you, the reader, ways I’m earning money outside of my normal job. The task of earning side money on and offline can be quite elusive. I’m here to cut the crap and show you just what is working and what isn’t working. Not to mention my progress on my current and future goals. That way if you’re looking to add an income stream you’ll know where to start. Enjoy. If you have any suggestions, questions, or my opinion on your own hustle make sure to drop a comment below!
What Happened in July
- Launched Featured Fridays with my podcast so I killed two birds with one stone.
- Signed up for a few affiliate programs- Bluehost, Adsense, A2hosting, and Siteground.
- Wrote up a resources page then released I hadn’t posted all the corresponding content to link out to.
- Bulked up my email marketing efforts and wrote up an additional 4 emails for my exclusive subscribers.
Completed Goals for July
- Relaunch Ex Apparel T-shirt line with new designs – dropped the ball on this due to an unexpected money issue.
- Grow email list to 100 Subscribers – 36/100 so +1 subscriber
Start Featured Fridays
- Apply to guest post on 2 other blogs – only did 1 of 2. Going to right somwthing original and specfic and try again in a few weeks.
- 150 likes for Facebook Fan page – 73/150 that’s +6 new page likes
Add a ‘Resources’ section to my blog – The page is done but I can’t make it public until I post my Podcasting Equipment blog post.
- Launch my 100% FREE Accountability program – I actually changed my mind midway through the month and I’m developing 100% FREE email course instead.
- Release a 100% FREE e-book
Activate BlueHost Affiliate account
- Add more subscription options- Was trying to avoid a “lead pages” account but for what I want to do it looks like I’ll need one.
- 250 monthly views – 211/250 -32% decrease
- Earn $100 in The Wealthy Network Affiliate Program – $0/100
Setup Google Adsense account
- $1000 total monthly income – $588/1000
Goals for August
- Get podcast on stitcher possibly iTunes and Spotify.
- Launch Featured Fridays INTERVIEWS…
- Relaunch Ex Apparel T-shirt line with new designs
- Drop Free 7-day FBA Email Crash Course – How to Make $1000 in Less than 60 days.
- Grow email list to 120 Subscribers
- Finish writing my 100% FREE e-book
- Earn $150 in The Wealthy Network Affiliate Program
- 150 likes for Facebook Fan page
- $1500 total monthly income
What is Working
- My content creation schedule is still on fire. Even though I doubled my output I’ve still managed to stay on schedule.
- All of my affiliate offerings are up and running and getting some traffic. Going to get creative with promoting so I can get more regular traffic and commissions in the process.
- Posting twice a week is also driving regular traffic to the website. It’s spread out just enough that views spike on new post days and taper off as the week goes on. Since launching featured Fridays the second week of the month I haven’t had a single day with no traffic.
- I started experimenting with microcontent on Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter. It seems to give my post some additional life so I’m going to continue with it.
- Amazon selling, FBA is a beast we increased our income by 266% and this is our first full month. And since we don’t need this money we’re throwing it all back into the business. Next month I’m sure we’ll at least double it if not triple it.
- Even though I didn’t hit my views goal I’m higher this month than last. Last month one blog post was viewed 186 times it was an anomaly to be honest take the post out and go with the average views of 30 views per week and I would’ve ended last month with 155 views.
What is Not Working
- I gotta be honest I basically shit the bed with most of my goals this month. The easy ones were, well, easy. The harder goals I know for a fact I didn’t work hard enough at. I think this month with less new stuff going on I should be on target with everything.
- That said I did have some money issues and managed to get my account in the negative the last 2 weeks of the month. This stopped any efforts to work on Ex Apparel. I also only ran one ad on what had to be my worst blog post to date.
- My website is suffering! I don’t have a lead magnet and that’s hurting my email subscriptions. I gave my emails a huge refresh added in some free gifts for exclusive subscribers and streamlined my list albeit the hard way.
- Didn’t work on my eBook at all! Like I said I dropped the ball and let life overwhelm me a bit. Things have calmed down significantly and I think I’ve found my cadence as far as posting and promoting goes. Also added some efficiency tools to increase productivity and eliminate time wasted.
Income Sources (Job Not included)
- Amazon Affiliate- $0
- TWN Affiliate- $0
- Binary Snipers Affiliate- $0
- FBA- $558.34 ($1116.67 split 2 ways)
- Ex Apparel- $0
- MyThemeShop Affiliate- $0
- Trading Binary/Forex- $0
- Bluehost- $0
- Google Adsense- $0
- A2hosting- $0
- Siteground- $0
Total Monthly Income- $588.77 (+347% increase)
What Have I learned
- Spend promotion money wisely
- Amazon FBA is no joke
- My email list needs serious attention.
- My income goals weren’t aggressive enough so I procrastinated. Which is why they’ve increased for next month.
See you on next month’s Income Report!
Join the SID newsletter
Subscribe now to get our latest in exclusive contests and content straight to your inbox