Welcome to the first entry of my new series, The Monthly Income Report. In these reports my goal is to share with you, the reader, ways I’m earning money outside of my normal job. The task of earning side money on and offline can be quite elusive. I’m here to cut the crap and show you just what is working and what isn’t working. Not to mention my progress on my current and future goals. That way if you’re looking to add an income stream you’ll know where to start. Enjoy. If you have any suggestions, questions, or my opinion on your own hustle make sure to drop a comment below!
What Happened in June
- Launched Social Introvert Dad (dot) com. Obviously this is our first month and couldn’t be happier with the day one site and reception.
- Launched corresponding Facebook fan page.
- Started an Amazon Seller account for some FBA action.
- Had no plans to make any money this first month but somehow I did.
Completed Goals for June
30 Email list subscribers – 35/30 Smashed this one!
- 100 FB fan page likes – 67/100 Missed the mark a bit but 67 organic likes is not bad for our first month.
Consistent posts every Monday– Haven’t missed a single deadline
Have fun don’t worry about earning anything yet
100 website views – 311/100 A late month blog post about my personal life caused my views to skyrocket in one day.
Goals for July
- Relaunch Ex Apparel T-shirt line with new designs
- Grow email list to 100 Subscribers
- Launch Podcast
- Start Featured Fridays
- Apply to guest post on 2 other blogs
- 150 likes for Facebook Fan page
- Add a ‘Resources’ section to my blog
- Launch my 100% FREE Accountability program
- Release a 100% FREE e-book
- Activate BlueHost Affiliate* account
- Add more subscription options
- 250 monthly views
- Earn $100 in The Wealthy Network Affiliate Program
- Setup Google Adsense account
- $1000 total monthly income.
What is Working
- My content creation schedule is on point. I’ve been clearing deadlines and am actually ahead by two weeks right now, I hope it stays this way.
- Simply asking for subscribers actually works had one unsubscription though.
- Apparently getting really personal and vulnerable works as I had 187 views for 1 blog post in 1 day.
- Focusing on the process of writing every week rather than focusing on posting every week seems to help get the most work done.
- Amazon selling, FBA man I’ve only be doing this 2 weeks but payout is already decent even if I’m splitting my income with my brother/business partner.
What is Not Working
- The invite all button on Facebook works but with over 900 friends a measly 67 likes is terrible
- Affiliate programs, so far I haven’t earned any affiliate commissions technically, had some sales but they didn’t qualify for Amazon’s commission structure.
- T-shirt sales, ran some ads and determined the product itself may be the issue, going to have some professional designs made and relaunch.
Income Sources (Job Not included)
Total Monthly Income- $169.50
What Have I learned
- Affiliate links won’t jump up and promote themselves
- I need to pay for professional t-shirt Graphic Design work
- Ask and you shall receive
- Controversy drives views
- I need to get to work on my income streams consistently if I want them to grow
See you on next month’s Income Report!
Join the SID newsletter
Subscribe now to get our latest in exclusive contests and content straight to your inbox