Welcome to another entry in my favorite series, The Monthly Income Report. In these reports my goal is to share with you, the reader, ways I’m earning money outside of my normal job. The task of earning side money on and offline can be quite elusive. I’m here to cut the crap and show you just what is working and what isn’t working. Not to mention my progress on my current and future goals. That way if you’re looking to add an income stream you’ll know where to start. Enjoy. If you have any suggestions, questions, or my opinion on your own hustle make sure to drop a comment below!
What Happened in March
- Not blog related but I got a promotion at work so that’s great!
- Applied for a handful of affiliate programs but unfortunately was rejected from the program I wanted the most! If anyone out there is friends with the folks at The Selling Family tell them to gave a brotha a chance!
- Launched 28 days of SID on my facebook fan page. Basically I schedule 28 FB posts in one night.
- Had my fan page blow up with new fans.
- Got a lot of new traffic to my affiliate offerings.
Completed Goals for March
Add 5+ affiliate programs to my tool belt – DONE! I now have a total of 14 affiliate offerings. Kinda want to grab one more to make that 15 now that I count them up.
Review Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course – Wrote up the review I’ll be dropping that later this month so BE ON THE LOOKOUT for that!
- Record 4 more interviews for Featured Fridays – Only got another interview in reached out to a few people but scheduling can be a challenge as I’ve said before.
- Pick up a Kangen water machine – I was going to grab one this month however the rep I was supposed to buy from took a trip to columbia and just barely got back so I’’ get on that in the next week or so.
- Learn to cook 1 new meal – Didn’t get around to it 🙁 I’m going to add it to this month’s goals and make up for that.
- Go rock climbing or ride bike 5x – 1/5 I got out and road once but it’s progress.
- Order my passport – Application is sitting on my desk in front of me. Just need to take a photo and send it all in.
- Relaunch Featured Fridays – Still waiting to have 5 in the pipe, got 3/5 ready so 2 more and we’ll be BACK!
- 150 VIP subs – 70/150 New subs were slow, only picked up 2 in the last 30 days. That’s my fault as I need something enticing for people to want to sign up.
- 400 Facebook page likes – 274/400 added about 80 people last month which was AWESOME! I don’t think it’ll be too long before I hit 400.
- 500 website views – 158/500 – Ugh such a terrible month in terms of views haha, need to bring that podcast back ASAP!
- $2000 total monthly income – $744/$2000 Came in a little lower than last month but no big deal we’ve already hit $400 for the current month and that’s always a good sign.
Goals for April
- Update the “About Me” section of the blog.
- Set up a Virtual Assistant from Get Friday
- Create new lead magnet/funnel
- Add a new end of the month blog series
- Learn to cook 2 new meals
- Go rock climbing or ride bike 5x
- Order my passport
- Relaunch Featured Fridays
- 150 VIP subs
- 400 Facebook page likes
- 500 website views
- $2000 total monthly income
Goals for 2017
- Visit another country (Australia, Canada, Iceland, all on the radar)
- Learn to cook 1 new meal a month for 10 months
- Read 3 books a month
- Get a rock climbing gym membership and actually go by February ‘17
- Open up a franchise by April ‘17
- Launch a private label on Amazon by June ‘17
- Start taking Yoga by March ‘17
- Pick up a Kangen water machine
- Save 10% of my monthly income to invest with
- Spend 3% of my yearly income on personal development
- Side income goals(consistently): 30 day- $500/month, 90 day- $1000/month, 180 day- $2500/month, 360 day- $5000/month
What is Working
- Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing has been good to me! Although I haven’t sold anything I’m starting to get traffic to links that have been dead for a while which is great!
- 28 days of SID gave me an uptick in views on Thursdays
- Procrastination, kidding but not really
- Making Sense FB group! I didn’t create this but as a graduate I got to participate in this private group and its great to interact with all of these bloggers of various experience looking forward to networking with them.
What is Not Working
- #Views I’m sure this is my fault and I’m not doing enough to drive traffic to my website. Will work on that ASAP!
- Exercise, I got out there once but summer is coming and I gotta work on that beach bod!
- Lead magnets, With only 2 new subs coming in out of 158 views I need to really step up my lead game so that people are breaking down walls to be a VIP sub.
Income Sources (Job Not included)
Total Monthly Income- $ 743.74
#2017FlipChallenge – Goal: $20170
- Jan- $1515.84
- Feb- $2119.95
- Mar- $1487.48
$15049.73 left to go!
What Have I Learned
See you on next month’s Income Report!
Join the SID newsletter
Subscribe now to get our latest in exclusive contests and content straight to your inbox