Welcome to my favorite series, The Monthly Income Report. In these reports my goal is to share with you, the reader, ways I’m earning money outside of my normal job. The task of earning side money on and offline can be quite elusive. I’m here to cut the crap and show you just what is working and what isn’t working. Not to mention my progress on my current and future goals. That way if you’re looking to add an income stream you’ll know where to start. Enjoy. If you have any suggestions, questions, or my opinion on your own hustle make sure to drop a comment below!
What Happened in July
- Started looking for a new shop location.
- Spent lots of quality time with my daughter before she went back home to Arkansas.
- Worked on a new T-shirt design.
- Took a break from working on the blog.
Completed Goals for July
- Cook twice per week
Design new T-shirt
Go on a date (for real this time)
- Host a dinner party
- Sample 15 gal of Kangen water
Start recording all audio versions of the blog
- 150 VIP subs – 74/150
- 500 Facebook page likes – 478/500
- 500 website views – 339/500
- $2000 total monthly income – $302/2000
Goals for August
- Build out a funnel for Enagic
- Release Thursday’s Topic
- Launch my Free Blogging eCourse
- Sample 15 gals of Kangen water
- Watch “What The Health” and write a review
- Ride my bike 3x this month
- 150 VIP subs
- 500 Facebook page likes
- 500 website views
- $2000 total monthly income
Goals for 2017
- Visit another country (Australia, Canada, Iceland, all on the radar)
- Learn to cook 1 new meal a month for 10 months
- Read 3 books a month
- Get a rock climbing gym membership and actually go by February ‘17
- Open up a franchise by April ‘17
- Launch a private label on Amazon by June ‘17
- Start taking Yoga by March ‘17
Pick up a Kangen water machine
- Save 10% of my monthly income to invest with
- Spend 3% of my yearly income on personal development (approx. $900)
- Side income goals(consistently):
30 day- $500/month, 90 day- $1000/month, 180 day- $2500/month, 360 day- $5000/month
What is Working
- I’m loving my Kangen Machine. When I first heard about them I just wanted to be a customer because there was no way I could sell such a high ticket item. But I was wrong they practically sell themselves and with very little promotion. People love the machines and hit me up about them fairly often which is a nice change from chasing people down lol.
- Found a pretty good designer on fiverr (click here for a link to his profile) he did some T-shirt work for me and was super fast too.
- Digit is saving away for me! I’m up to $580 in rainy day savings and I’m fairly confident I can hit $1250-$1500 by the end of the year at this pace.
What is Not Working
- Its time to update my computer. Little by little its starting to frustrate me with random crashes or freezing this thing is at least 6 years old so it might be time for a new one.
- Confession here, I kinda fell off of my cooking challenge. Irresponsible spending plus laziness set in. Add to that I wanted to have money to take Addisyn out for fun activities so no cooking at all last month. I’ll get back to it tho.
- Our location deal for the shop is no bueno. Been waiting on leasing paperwork for 3 weeks now and nothing yet. Starting to think these guys would be terrible landlords and that we should find a deal elsewhere.
- I kinda checked out of business stuff for the month so I only sampled out one gal of Kangen water.
Income Sources (Job Not included)
Total Monthly Income- $ 302.34
#2017FlipChallenge – Goal: $20170
- Jan- $1515.84
- Feb- $2119.95
- Mar- $1487.48
- Apr- $491.69
- May- $274.47
- June- $694.07
- July- $604.67
$12981.83 left to go!
What Have I Learned
- Disneyland isn’t that bad. Never been a huge fan of the park but still I had a lot of fun taking the kiddo out for the day.
- You can’t put all of your real estate eggs in one basket.
- I need to set a budget and probably finish that course on budgeting for budget haters
See you on next month’s Income Report!
Join the SID newsletter
Subscribe now to get our latest in exclusive contests and content straight to your inbox