Welcome to my favorite series, The Monthly Income Report. In these reports my goal is to share with you, the reader, ways I’m earning money outside of my normal job. The task of earning side money on and offline can be quite elusive. I’m here to cut the crap and show you just what is working and what isn’t working. Not to mention my progress on my current and future goals. That way if you’re looking to add an income stream you’ll know where to start. Enjoy. If you have any suggestions, questions, or my opinion on your own hustle make sure to drop a comment below!
What Happened in September
- I successfully went 30 days without eating meat!
- We had a soft opening for our new cell phone repair shop
- Did our first $1000 in repairs in less than 3 weeks
- Took a massive break from blogging and podcasting
Completed Goals for September
Go 30 days without meat
Make a Facebook Business page for D&R Electronix Lake Elsinore
Have a new promotional Video made to run in the shop waiting room
- 150 VIP subs – + 1 (75/150)
- 500 Facebook page likes – -1 (481/500)
- 500 website views – -4 (136/500)
- $2000 total monthly income – $468/2000
Goals for October
- Launch an Ad for the Grand Opening of our Lake Elsinore location
- Put together a kit to do mobile repairs
- Create some email content to go along with my Enagic funnel
- 150 VIP subs
- 500 Facebook page likes
- 500 website views
- $2000 total monthly income
Goals for 2017
- Visit another country (Australia, Canada, Iceland, all on the radar)
- Learn to cook 1 new meal a month for 10 months
- Read 3 books a month
- Get a rock climbing gym membership and actually go by February ‘17
Open up a franchise by April ‘17
Launch a private label on Amazon by June ‘17
- Start taking Yoga by March ‘17
Pick up a Kangen water machine
- Save 10% of my monthly income to invest with
- Spend 3% of my yearly income on personal development (approx. $900)
- Side income goals(consistently):
30 day- $500/month, 90 day- $1000/month, 180 day- $2500/month, 360 day- $5000/month
What is Working
- We picked a great location for the new shop, shoot out to Drew for the find. We’ve got a dog groomer and a tattoo shop right next door. Plus there’s a “reptile den” so there’s plenty of foot traffic in the plaza daily.
- The Facebook fan page is gaining steam we’re almost up to 100 likes and not even a month has gone by yet. If you haven’t already pop over and give us a like!
- I found a freelancer for video production and he has been great to work with. He did a pretty great coming soon video and is just finishing up with a new promotional video for inside the shop.
- I still haven’t reconnected Digit I will soon tho.
What is Not Working
- With everything going on between the shop and working nights I don’t find much time to blog or do anything else anymore. I desperately need a hair cut haha. Anyway, this is the first time in at least a month that I have sat down to write anything new, I’ve barely been able to publish pre-written content.
- Likewise I haven’t found the time to podcast or find new guest. It seems the curse of night shift continues to make life hard for me to get anything done.
Income Sources (Job Not included)
Total Monthly Income- $ 547.87
#2017FlipChallenge – Goal: $20170
- Jan- $1515.84
- Feb- $2119.95
- Mar- $1487.48
- Apr- $491.69
- May- $274.47
- June- $694.07
- July- $604.67
- August- $1095.74
$11886.09 left to go!
What Have I Learned
- Starting/running a business is super time consuming. Can’t wait to be at a point where we can hire and I can get some time back.
- Going without meat was actually pretty hard! Not too bad but I did have a handful of really difficult days where I wanted to just say screw it and have a burger. Still I feel as good as ever and haven’t felt any weaker for even a single day. Plus I’m more “regular” if you know what I mean. Going to go 30 more days to see how I feel health-wise.
- There’s only so many directions I can be pulled in and still maintain a high quality of work.
- I need to make better use of my time. It seems I’m at work or at the shop keeping that in mind I need to make better use of my time in either place so I don’t continue to fall behind on the blog.
See you on next month’s Income Report!
Join the SID newsletter
Subscribe now to get our latest in exclusive contests and content straight to your inbox