Welcome to another entry in my favorite series, The Monthly Income Report. In these reports my goal is to share with you, the reader, ways I’m earning money outside of my normal job. The task of earning side money on and offline can be quite elusive. I’m here to cut the crap and show you just what is working and what isn’t working. Not to mention my progress on my current and future goals. That way if you’re looking to add an income stream you’ll know where to start. Enjoy. If you have any suggestions, questions, or my opinion on your own hustle make sure to drop a comment below!
What Happened in October
- First off October SUCKED!
- FBA sales took a massive dip
- I did get a mixer and quickly learned to use it, so far its been used twice and cuts production time way down.\
- Submitted a couple guest posts
- Started learning FB Ad targeting techniques
- Amazon restricted new FBA sellers until 12/19/16
Completed Goals for October
- Submit 3 Guest posts – 2/3 I put myself out there and submitted two articles to two separate websites
- Sell 20 T-shirts – 0/20 I ran one ad that netted me no sales so I decided I should learn how to target before spending any more.
Buy a mixer to do video interviews
Do 1 interview over Skype/Hangouts
- Create 10 pieces of micro-content – 1/10 I found one person on Fiverr that could make micro-content from blog material and his skills were… mehh…
- Make an Intro and Outro for Featured Fridays – I started out looking to pay someone to do this but I think I’ll do them myself and work on a script then once its solid get it remade.
- Write 4 new emails – 0/10 I started to write one email but never finished. Need to figure out what serves my subscribers best before just throwing shit at the wall.
- Launch my E-book (The 90-day Game Plan – How to Launch and Relaunch Your Network Marketing Business) – Dropped… The… Ball…
- 150 Email list subscribers – 62/150 grew by 8 this month too still -59% short
- 250 Facebook likes – 180/250 gained 4 -28%short
- 500 Website views – 216/500 down by 146 compared to last month. -40% decrease
- $2000 Total monthly income – $461.50/2000 -77%short
Goals for October
- Optimize subscription options for blog posts instead of the website as a whole
- Research FB Ad Targeting techniques and Launch one targeted ad
- Find 3 more websites that I would like to guest post for
- Write 2 new emails
- Create 5 pieces of micro-content
- Sale 20 t-shirts
- Continue growing the list to 150 subscribers
- 250 FB likes
- 500 Website views
- $2000 total monthly income
What is Working
- I’m loving the new mixer! Being able to add intro/outro music live while recording cuts down on post production time. Plus I can adjust volume levels as I go so I don’t have to run s many tools over the recording before I can upload.
- My first interview via Google Hangouts turned out pretty well considering I didn’t knew much about setting it up or what to expect.
- That’s about it really.
What is Not Working
- Let’s go with EVERYTHING lol! Just kidding but October was a terrible month.
- FBA sales were down do to not sourcing and shipping as often as we were.
- Website views were down.
- And the ads I ran didn’t get any traction.
Income Sources (Job Not included)
Total Monthly Income- $461.50 (-57% decrease)
What Have I learned
- My skills for targeting and driving traffic need work.
- I need to spend more time finalizing things for the eBook before it drops.
- Until Amazon opens up FBA I can’t take on any new consulting clients.
See you on next month’s Income Report!
Join the SID newsletter
Subscribe now to get our latest in exclusive contests and content straight to your inbox